This is not your run-of-the-mill part-time fitness coaching position.
We are looking to add 1-2 full-time coaches to our world-class team.
If you believe coaching is your calling and you want to dedicate yourself to becoming the best possible coach you can be, then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for coaches that first and foremost fit our culture, our vision, and our values.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is humble, hard-working, and great with people.
We want someone who loves being a part of a strong team, and enjoys giving and receiving feedback.
Knowledge, certifications, and experience is a plus, but likely not the determining factor.
To apply, please take your time going through this entire post, our website, social media pages, and podcasts.
If working for us feels like a “hell yeah” for you, then shoot an email to our head coach, Austin Bettigrew, at email@example.com.
In that email, tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you think you would be a perfect fit for this position.
We don’t really care about how extensive your resume is, so take your time to shoot us a personal message and tell us what excites you about potentially working with us.
We believe coaching is one of the most influential and important roles that this world has to offer, and we want to professionalize what it means to be a fitness coach.
We believe that coaches deserve to be treated like professionals and compensated accordingly.
The role of the professional coach needs to be earned, not given. We believe that this role is earned through 3 daily commitments which is to care, coach, and lead. This also happens to be the name of our podcast and Youtube channel that we use to help other coaches and gym owners around the world become great at what they do.
The 3 Daily Commitments of the Rockstar Coach at FitTown
- We go into every situation with empathy and looking to help first.
- We remember and use names. We ask great questions and sincerely listen to the answer.
- We treat every person as an individual. We learn their story, their goals, and the obstacles in their way.
- We are early, prepared, and fully present in everything we do. We put the class and client experience first.
- We make people better.
- We help them build confidence and achieve things they never thought were possible.
- We help them move safely and stay injury-free.
- We praise what they are doing well, and bring attention and intention to what can be improved.
- We see all situations, good or bad, as an opportunity to coach our clients to better outcomes.
We Lead By Example
- We live with a growth mindset and are always seeking ways we can improve.
- We take ownership of our lives, and focus on what we can control.
- We don’t gossip.
- We exemplify what a healthy outlook on exercise, nutrition, and body image looks like.
- We are aligned in our personal lives and our coaching lives. We live with integrity.
FitTown Mission and Core Values
Our team is on a mission to empower people and communities to live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. We aim to make fitness fun and sustainable so our members can enjoy working out and kicking ass into their 90s and beyond. We do this by providing personal coaching in an energetic, fun, and inclusive team-environment.
In May of 2020, we rebranded CrossFit Palm Beach to FitTown Jupiter. We’ve always strived to be more than just another CrossFit gym, and rebranding to FitTown enabled us to fully embody the impact we wanted to have on our local Jupiter/Tequesta community.
When the fall-out with former CrossFit CEO Greg Glassman happened a couple months later, we decided we would not renew our CrossFit affiliate, and would go all-in on our new FitTown brand. This has been a tremendous decision for us and our community, and has allowed us to fully live and breathe the values listed below.
FitTown Core Values
- We are a family. Introduce yourself to others and know everyone by name. Treat the gym better than your home. Clean up after yourself and always leave the gym better than when you walked in.
- The class comes first. FitTown should be the best 45-60 minutes of our member’s day and the in-class experience is what makes FitTown great. Create an atmosphere where members love coming and never want to leave.
- Team > Individual. Relentless focus on others over yourself. No Egos. Coaching must come before your own training. Regularly take classes with members.
- Constant and never-ending pursuit of excellence. Pay attention to the details and go above and beyond what is asked. Be early. Be overprepared. How you do anything is how you do everything.
- Extreme ownership of everything in your life. Live with honesty and integrity. No Gossip. If you have an issue with someone, speak directly to them and no one else.
- Live with a growth mindset. Hungry to learn and grow, and constantly make yourself a better coach and employee. Regularly read books, listen to podcasts, and attend seminars and certifications.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please email our head coach Austin Bettigrew directly at Austin@fittown.com.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this post, and we look forward to chatting with you.
-Andrew Frezza, co-Owner FitTown Jupiter
About the position
Full-time FTX/BeachFit Coach
We are looking for coaches that can come in and coach 12-16 hours per week of FTX and BeachFit classes.
We believe that the best way to make a career out of being a coach is through a combination of personal training, group classes, and taking on 1 or 2 roles outside of coaching like programming, events, sales, social media, etc.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer or Comparable Functional Fitness Certification
- Team Player – Humble, Welcomes Feedback
- Understands and is driven by the FitTown mission and vision
- Understands and lives by FitTown Core Values
- Your role as a coach and a leader in our community must come before your own training.
- Coach all scheduled FTX and BeachFit group classes
- Attend and actively participate in weekly coach’s meetings and coach’s development sessions
- Be available to take on personal training clients and 1-on-1 fundamentals a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Never ending pursuit of coaching excellence via continued education, coach’s development sessions, and 1-on-1 coach’s evaluations.
- Participate (as an athlete) in FitTown group classes at least 4X/week minimum.
- Eventually take on a role outside the gym. Social media, programming, front desk, sales, marketing, nutrition, etc.
- FitTown (and the role as a full-time coach) is a top priority in your life.
- Adhere to FitTown core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
- Be an open source of communication. No gossip.
- Cover additional classes when needed (up to 4 per week)
- Fulfill all opening and/or closing duties
- Be on the floor and engaged with members at least 10 minutes before and after every class.
- Be fully prepared for class (lesson plan) prior to the 10 minutes before every class.
- Greet and take care of walk-ins and drop-ins whenever present at FitTown
- Post regular gym/member updates to Slack
- Actively participate in all FitTown hosted coach’s development sessions and 1-on-1 coach’s development sessions
- Help stage, clean, and organize the gym before and after all classes
- Help set up, clean up, and run events such as beach WODs, in-house competitions, and parties.
- Continued education and never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence