Position Title: Coach, Full Time
Reports to: Owner
The Box: Centripetal Crossfit – Erie, CO
Hours: Hours will vary with class needs, usual range is 35-45hrs/week
Overview: Are you committed to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs? This is a rare opportunity for a Coaching position at Erie’s Centripetal Crossfit, one of the premier CrossFits in the country. We love being the best part of every athlete’s day — a place where people come to test and exceed their limits as they continuously grow. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate coach who loves working with people and takes pride in everything they do.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification and above
- At least three years of CrossFit coaching experience
- A strong interest in following the latest in exercise science
- Leadership experience
- Crazy dedication to supporting people
Pay & Benefits
- Salary + bonuses paid
- Health care
- Sponsorship to gain next level of certifications
- Sweet Lululemon coaching clothes
- Personal development plans for your career
About our Box
- Beautiful 2,500 sqft box located at the Erie Airport with an amazing view of the Front Range.
- Repeatedly voted Best CrossFit and Best Place to Workout by Boulder’s two newspapers The Daily Camera and Colorado Daily.
- We’ve been around for 8+ years and we have a great community with many long-term members.
- Greet athletes emphatically and immediately
- Work hard to coach and train athletes using the CrossFit methodologies
- Execute group programming including warm up sequences
- Ensure consistency in movement standards and scaled options for all movements
- Execute opening and/or closing procedures
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients to enhance their gym experience
- Prepare for each coaching session ensuring correct coaching points for each movement and all scaled options for prescribed movements
- Care about our members!
- Promote and exemplify principles of the box.
- Create a welcoming, friendly and encouraging environment for all athletes.
- Greet potential athletes and be able to clearly communicate and promote the box, sell. potential members on our value and how we can help them achieve their fitness goals.
- Ensure that all members are checked in via MindBody.
- Promote sales of supplements, add-on/specialty classes, and personal training.
- Coordinate logistics to ensure efficient operation of gym space and experience.
- Ensure correct Opening or Closing of Gym on a daily basis.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of gym; follow established cleaning checklist.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment as needed; communicate any equipment repairs needed to the owner.
- Communicate equipment purchase recommendations to Owner.
- Follow-up with new and current athletes per the round robin schedule.
- Monitor inventory levels and report needs to the owner.
- Participate and lead staff meetings and events.
- Lead and supervise group coaching sessions.
- Ensure staff consistently demonstrate the core values of the box.
- Ensure staff are ensuring athletes are achieving results and feel empowered and supported.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and athletes.
- Support staff to comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop an effective and positive work environment for staff and athletes.
- Educational background in Exercise Science and/or nutrition.
- Olympic lifting, Kettlebell, Endurance, or other related training certifications are a plus.
How Your Performance Will Be Evaluated
- Quality of coaching based on member surveys and feedback.
- Average revenue per member.
- Orderliness and cleanliness of the gym.
- Safety is respected consistently.
- Work ethic exceeds expectations.
- Consistent team player.
- Demonstrated alignment with Centripetal’s values and culture.