Equis Fitness is looking to add coaches to its awesome Team at our gym in the South Bronx! We are a small team that lives and works in the community we serve. The ideal candidates should be energetic, empathetic and have a great presence in the fitness industry. Many of our clients want to lose weight, eat better, and be pain-free. The mindset to build new skills, add value, and solve higher-level challenges like these will help you be successful in this role!
There are opportunities for growth through personal training, nutrition coaching, and specialty classes – we are willing to train the right candidate!
Ability to coach/speak in Spanish is a plus!!
- Will possess a current, and nationally recognized certification: CSCS, CPT, USAW, CFL-1, CrossFit Specialty certifications etc.), as well as a current CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Have a reliable commute or planning to relocate to NYC before starting work. We are located a short walking distance from the 4, 5, 6 Subway Lines, Bx 1, 2, 15, 21, 32, 33 Bus Lines and many CitiBike stations
Duties include but not limited to:
- Coaching group fitness classes including CrossFit
- Coaching Private clients and our beginner’s course (On-Ramp)
- Implementing programming in a safe and effective manner for various levels of fitness
- Some facility management specifically basic cleaning of workout spaces / equipment, opening/closing duties depending on shift
- Keeping up with continuing education (preferred)
- Weekends / Early Mornings / Afternoons / Evenings may be required
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Group fitness: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certification(s): CSCS, CPT, USAW, CFL-1, etc.
- AED/CPR Certification (Preferred)