CrossFit Massapequa is seeking a Part-Time CrossFit Level 1 (or Level 2) Trainer in Massapequa, NY. Our goal is to grow our community by utilizing effective, efficient & fun fitness. Our program is designed to help our members achieve their fitness goals inside & outside the facility. As a part of CrossFit Massapequa, members are guided, motivated & coached every step of the way through unique & structured workouts.
Beyond fitness, CrossFit Massapequa is a community of strong & healthy individuals who work hard, play hard & have fun! We are invested in our community & support them not only in the gym but also with life achievements outside the facility.
We are currently looking for a professional & experienced coach, so we can continue to grow CrossFit Massapequa & our offerings to members. The role of the Coach will be to exude the vision & mission of CrossFit Massapequa which is to develop a supportive community that is driven to excel in life through dedication to physical fitness, hard work & respect for ourselves & for each other. We use the grit & strength we gain through our daily training to improve our lives & rise to the challenges we face outside the gym.
We are seeking a highly motivated, fitness enthusiast who will follow and respect our core values & coaching techniques.
The CrossFit Coach is responsible for the following:
– Guide athletes through daily training, while creating a fun & productive atmosphere for them to achieve their goals.
– Understand & demonstrate functional movements, understand & explain the CrossFit methodology & have the necessary skills to scale & modify movements &/or workouts for any ability level &/or physical limitation that a member may have.
– Start & end class on time.
– Welcome any new members or prospects.
– Sign in & account for all members attending each class.
– Wear the proper coaching attire.
– Handle membership inquiries; provide information about our program & schedule intro sessions. Assist with sales of new memberships & merchandise.
– Teach additional programs such as endurance programs, strength clinics, etc. (continued education encouraged.)
– Participate in community events that take place throughout the year.
– Provide members with health & fitness guidance on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives.
– Assist in keeping all the gym area & it’s equipment clean & organized. At CrossFit Massapequa, our members’ safety & happiness is of the utmost importance, followed closely by the achievement of their goals, as well as the camaraderie & community among members & staff. It will be up to you as the Coach to lead by example &, on a daily basis, foster & strengthen the community we have created.
– CrossFit L1, additional certifications desirable
Estimated Time Commitment:
– 10-20 hours/week
– Coach/Owner meetings up to 1x/month
– Encouraged & challenged to assist the development of new programs & services.
– Work on individual projects & implement other initiatives under direction from the owners.
– Opportunities to earn more revenue through other programs, activities, or initiatives set forth by the owners.
Compensation & Benefits:
We provide an inspiring, fun work environment & expect you to add to the depth & spirit of the team. The opportunity includes:
– Flexible Schedule (early mornings &/or evenings preferred)
– Hourly Compensation (Part-time)
– Opportunity to train private clients to supplement income
– Company-sponsored education opportunities & integrated training programs