If you are a team player looking to join a team of awesome coaches that are even better humans, we would love to have you apply! Our gym is located in the back of The Woodlands, Texas on FM 1488.
Previous experience isn’t necessary but a willingness to learn is (regardless of experience).
Position: Part Time Coach
Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for preparing for and leading group classes at White Horse CrossFit while supporting the WHCF culture and community.
- Lead and coach group classes in a manner that supports WHCF’s Membership Experience standard
- Ensure correct opening or closing of gym on a daily basis
- Manage time and flow of classes to ensure classes begin and end on time
- Follow-up with new and current members
- Greet individuals (i.e. potential members, members, vendors, etc.) and make introductions of self and other members to new and potential members)
- Make an effort to know all member’s name
- Participate and contribute to team meetings, team building, and educational events
- Make a good effort to attend and assist in community events hosted by WHCF that take place throughout the year
- Address potential member inquiries,
- Communicate information regarding WHCF programs and events
- Be proficient in Wodify.
- Track attendance, ensure athletes are signed in to class.
- Know and demonstrate using forms (i.e. waivers, registration, membership updates, product payments, etc.) in Wodify.
- Maintain cleanliness, maintenance, and organization of the facility and equipment, follow cleaning checklist
- Calmly and competently respond to emergency situations and report those to management as soon as possible
- Actively engage in professional development and continuing education
- Engage in and help promote WHCF social media platforms
- Promote all internal programs, events, and the WHCF community and family atmosphere
- Be able to proficiently demonstrate all CrossFit movements (RX and scaled)(or be visibly and actively working to achieve these skills), ensure consistency in movement standards and scaled options for all core movements
- Be an active member of WHCF, attending at least three group classes per week
- Communicate member feedback to management in a timely manner
White Horse CrossFit’s Member Experience standards:
- Provide a clean and well organized gym space
- Address each member by name
- Provide a well thought out and wod specific warm up and cool down
- Give full attention to class at all times
- Phones are allowed out only for quick pictures/videos to promote WHCF and when the coach deems it safe to do this. No personal business on phones during class.
- It is WHCF policy for coaches to not workout with classes they are responsible for coaching
- Coaches must be at their best emotional state when in the gym providing a positive uplifting environment
- Arrive with adequate time to ensure gym is prepared for class and to greet each member (by name) as they arrive
- Stay after workout and cool down long enough to give feedback and proper farewells to all members
Pre/Post Class Cleaning Checklist:
- Put away all equipment in its proper place
- Blow or sweep floors
- Maintenance check the bathrooms for cleanliness and supplies
- Return clock remotes to stereo table
- Leave the gym looking nice for the next class
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (i.e. GED)
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- Working Conditions: Indoor Gym and Outside for outdoor activities (i.e. running, etc.)
- Work Environment: Moderately noisy environment with loud music at times and noise generated from lifting barbells.
- Work Schedule: Per Coaching Schedule.
- Travel: No travel required.
- Must be able to do the following activities at least 2/3 of workday: stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- Must be able to climb or balance for at least 2/3 of your workday. Capable of lifting at least 100 pounds. Can continuously lift 30 pounds or more for over 2/3 of workday. Constant lifting or carrying of items.
- Capable of highly physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
How Your Performance Will Be Evaluated:
- Quality of coaching based on member surveys and feedback
- Orderliness and cleanliness of gym
- Work Ethic
- Team Player; Demonstrated alignment with White Horse CrossFit values and culture
Disclaimer: Although White Horse CrossFit has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, we reserve the right to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of WHCF and at any time with or without advance notice.