Build a career in the Fitness Industry that you’re proud of, and passionate about, and serve you! Full-time coaches work less than 35hrs/week and earn $37,500-$75,000/yr!!
Establishing yourself in the fitness industry is hard… really hard.
Did you know most fit pros don’t last more than two years before switching careers?
You probably got started down this path because you love working out, and quickly found how rewarding it is inspiring others and changing lives; but the long and inconsistent hours, low pay, and redundant atmosphere with no clear path towards a sustainable income or future eventually lead to burnout.
Trust us, it happens to even the best coaches 🙁
That’s why, at MROC Training, we’ve created a path for the best coaches to get even better, doing what they love and creating the life they deserve.
We offer a competitive salary, stable hours, and paid time off to rockstar coaches who thrive being on a team where they are respected, supported, and encouraged to grow!
MROC Training is a gym for active adults who want to stay fit, crush goals, and have fun.
Unlike crowded bootcamps and franchise clubs, our small group classes provide great accountability and are run by experienced coaches who will motivate you through your workout from start to finish.
Our proprietary 3 pillars functional training system combines strength, cardio, and obstacles so you never get bored doing the same routine. It’s kind of like (but not quite) functional fitness… it’s fitness for life’s adventures!
We also offer various workshops, drop-ins, and youth options.
MROC Training is a veteran-owned and family-operated gym established in 2014, and with over 180 5-Star reviews on Google, we are the highest-rated fitness center in North County San Diego.
OUR MISSION (what we strive to achieve):
To deliver extreme client value (experience+relationships+results) that creates raving fans who show up, share their success, refer their friends, and renew their memberships.
Sounds awesome, right? KEEP READING to learn more about our coaching positions and how to apply!
YOUR PRIMARY ROLE (how you will support the team & mission):
- Lead group workouts, onboarding sessions, and skill series classes
- Conduct goal assessments and personal training
- Assist with program design, implementation, and execution
- Triage prospecting and member support with the front desk team
- Promote upcoming events and make other announcements as needed
- Keep the gym clean, neat, and orderly at all times
YOUR SUPPORTING ROLE (other things you may be tasked with):
- Engage with our fitness community via member apps, private groups, and events
- Gather, create, and/or post-marketing content (social media)
- Nationally accredited fitness certification or degree in a related field
- At least 2-years of experience applying this knowledge in a relatable way
- Corporate or military background; can apply systems and hit the ground running
- Sports background or other experience working in and with teams
Characteristics & Skills
- Has empathy, energy, and enthusiasm
- Has intuition and takes initiative, but is open to feedback and able to adapt
- Excellent communicator who supports and inspires others
- Solves problems and finds ways to make people/systems better
WHY you would want this job
- Autonomy – discipline equals freedom
- Purpose – live a life that serves others
WHAT you will own
- At-risk (who’s leaving)
- Onboarding (who’s staying)
- Team development (our culture)
- Training programs (product quality)
Commitment [avg. 25-30 hrs/wk]
- 18-22 hours per week coaching
- 8-12 hours per week for other deliverables