It is VCF Athletics’ commitment to elevate our members’ lives by fostering their pursuits towards personal excellence.
We believe that by providing the tools, teaching the habits, exemplifying the behaviors, and cultivating the mindset to endeavor towards optimal health, we will empower our members to manifest their ideal lives.
To assure that we are cumulatively better than yesterday, our lives must be lived deliberately. We must acknowledge that our beliefs and values shape our words; these words become our actions; and our actions, in turn, define our character. We must be deliberate and discerning in how we think, what we say, and how we choose to act so the trajectories of our lives stay within our control, our responsibility.
Therefore, excellence is not achieved via coincidence, but rather through the choices we regularly make.
As leaders of this community, we must be the standard. By ensuring our members’ time with us is the highlight of their day, we may continue to be given the opportunity to improve their tomorrow. Over a long enough horizon, this responsibility to find their best selves will not only help us to develop them as individuals but – through them – their friends and families. Ultimately, this approach will enable us to sculpt a more capable world.
“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.” – Henry David Thoreau
We are looking to hire a few outstanding leaders to join our fitness community to help us educate, motivate, and inspire our incredible members to be the very best versions of themselves. To accomplish this and be able to provide a safe, fun, and effective training environment, we believe that a thoroughly prepared coach must:
- Always put the member experience first while occupying any VCF Ambassador role
- Arrive early to prepare the gym for the upcoming training session, greet members, answer questions, and deal with administrative tasks
- Promote upcoming gym related events and workshops, ideally taking initiative to develop unique personal offerings in addition to assisting with others
- Be able to clearly explain, demonstrate, teach, correct, and scale all movements for different proficiency levels to maximize member experience and ensure safety
- Be available for members following class sessions to debrief athletes, organize equipment, answer questions, and deal with administrative tasks
- Contribute in gym development including advertising/marketing campaigns, retention/recruitment drives, social media efforts, and general gym maintenance
- Maintain a consistent schedule; follow proper procedures for requesting subs, reporting hours, and provide coverage if available
- Actively participate in our community by following the gym programming, attending sanctioned seminars, competitions, and social events
- Possess familiarity with all classes and their instructors on the VCF Athletics’ schedule as well as current pricing structures
- Strive for personal and professional excellence when representing the gym and interacting with VCF Athletics staff, members, or greater community
- Follow professional standards of conduct, company policies and safety guidelines as outlined in the employee handbook
- Comply with any other duty that may be assigned to help VCF Athletics meet our goals
Qualifications & Experience
- Mixed CrossFit Coach:
- CrossFit Level 1 (CrossFit Level 2+ preferred)
- Adult & Child CPR/AED/First Aid certified
- 1+ years of CrossFit/group fitness instruction (3+ years preferred)
- Additional fitness certifications and administrative experience highly desired
Hours available and pay commensurate on experience, certifications and responsibilities.
Depending on experience, applicants may be required to participate in a multi-step interview and probationary period including meetings with office manager, head coach, and general manager where they may be asked to participate in practical coaching evaluations, for example.
This overview is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities expected of our staff.
If you think you are qualified to join one of the longest standing functional fitness communities in the world, please get in touch and we look forward to meeting you.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Commission
Pay: $20.00 – $40.00 per hour based on experience and responsibilities.