General Manager (or Assistant Manager); CrossFit Coach
Ballston CrossFit is seeking a full-time General Manager (or Assistant Manager) & CrossFit Coach to join an established and growing CrossFit Box in Arlington VA (just outside of Washington DC).
This is an incredible opportunity to obtain a leadership role with an amazing CrossFit community of 400+ members!
The candidate should demonstrate excellent CrossFit coaching, leadership, and managerial skills to effectively lead all operational aspects of the CF gym (with support and strategic guidance from the Head Coach and Owner).
The Assistant Manager/Coach will coach athletes of all levels, from beginners to advanced athletes/competitors.
The manager/coach should easily connect with a wide variety of people and be effective in helping them reach their full potential.
They are expected to be experts at recognizing & teaching CrossFit movements. He/she is involved with and well respected in the local CrossFit community.
The ability to deliver excellence to serve our community of members is required – expectations are high!
We follow CFNE Ben Bergeron’s coaching approach… the constant pursuit of excellence in everything we do!!
- 3+ years of functional training as an athlete
- 1+ year full-time CrossFit coach or 2+ years part-time CrossFit coach
- CrossFit L1, additional certifications desired (L2/Coaches Prep, weightlifting, USAW, gymnastics, mobility, etc.)
- Outgoing, warm personality with a focus on professionalism
- Lead coaching group classes (target is coaching 17-18 classes/week).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current athletes while also focusing on attracting new members and converting prospective members.
- Office hours to review programming, respond to emails from members and prospects, update membership management system (Zen Planner – training is available), update website (WordPress), assist with facility organization, attend team meetings, work on projects, maintain member acquisition software (UpLaunch) and implement other initiatives under direction from the Head Coach and Owner.
- Develop robust social media presence
- Assist Head Coach with managing team of 13 coaches (12 have their L-2 certifications)
- Develop new coaches in our internship program (in conjunction with Head Coach)
- Respond in a timely manner to membership inquiries, provide information about our program and membership options
- Plan and facilitate community and promotional events on a monthly basis
- Occasional private coaching sessions
- Implement programs under the direction of the Head Coach and Owner
- Encouraged and challenged to assist the development of new programs and services
- About Ballston CrossFit
Ballston CrossFit is one of the top CrossFit training facilities in the DC metro area.
We are recognized for the high quality of our coaching and we constantly strive for operational excellence.
We opened in February 2012 and have over 300 awesome members and we have received 9 awards as being the Best CrossFit gym in Northern Virginia.
Our coaching staff possesses deep experience (12 coaches with a CF-L2) and education around health and fitness. We provide an inspiring and fun work environment!
Take a tour of the box (note – we now have 5 Echo Bikes and 5 Ski Ergs): https://goo.gl/maps/R1djKuxsmkL2
Position Benefits Include
- Full-Time Salary + Bonus Plan (negotiable)
- Benefits (paid insurance, cell phone, etc)
- Retirement Plan with 3% company matching
- Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored continuing education opportunities
- Team building activities
- To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and explaining why you would like to become part of our great coaching team! Please include the following details in the cover letter: Fran time, Diane time, favorite CrossFit benchmark workout and why (include score), max snatch (include what percentage of bodyweight it is).