Bell City CrossFit is seeking a Part-Time CrossFit Level 1 Trainer in Bristol, Connecticut. Our goal is to grow the Bell City Community by leveraging a sustainable, effective strength & conditioning program in a fun and supportive environment. Utilizing the CrossFit methodology, our athletes are guided, motivated and coached every step of the way through structured, thoughtful and progressive workouts. We value the humility, hard-work and perseverance of our strong community invested in seeing results and accomplishing their goals.
We are currently looking for a professional and experienced Coach, so we can continue to grow Bell City CrossFit and expand our offerings to members. The role of the Coach will be to exude the vision while upholding the values of Bell City CrossFit. Our vision is to introduce a sustainable, effective, inclusive wellness program that significantly improves quality of life through nutrition, exercise and community. We are seeking a highly motivated, fitness enthusiast who will follow and respect our core values and coaching principles.
The CrossFit Coach is responsible for the following:
- Guide athletes through daily workouts (WODs), while creating a fun and productive atmosphere for them to achieve their goals.
- Understand and demonstrate functional movements, understand and explain the CrossFit methodology, and have the necessary skills to scale and modify movements and/or workouts for any ability level and/or physical limitation that a member may have.
- Follow gym open and close procedures as schedule dictates.
- Start and end class on time.
- Welcome any new members or prospects.
- Account for all athletes attending each class.
- Wear appropriate coaching attire.
- Offer and provide personal training sessions for existing and new potential members.
- Carry out Fundamentals sessions for new members prior to joining Group Class.
- Handle membership inquiries; provide information about our program and schedule intro sessions. Assist with sales of new memberships and merchandise.
- Participate in community events that take place throughout the year.
- Participate in content creation (videos and pictures) that can be leveraged for celebrating personal victories, social proof and marketing.
- Provide athletes with health and fitness guidance on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives.
- Assist in keeping all the gym area and its equipment clean and organized. At Bell City CrossFit our Members’ safety and happiness is of the utmost importance, followed closely by the achievement of their goals, as well as the camaraderie and community among Members and Staff. It will be up to you as the Coach to lead by example and, on a daily basis, foster and strengthen the community we have created.
- CrossFit L1, additional certifications desirable
Estimated Time Commitment:
- 10-15 hours/week
- Coach/Owner meetings up to 1x/month
- Encouraged and challenged to assist the development of new programs and services, providing for increased earning potential.
- Work on individual projects, and implement other initiatives under direction from the owners.
Job Type: Part Time Job: Bristol, CT
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour – Group Classes | Specialty Classes paid separate
- CrossFit Level 1 or 2 Coach (required)
- 1 year Coaching experience (preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Weekend Rotation